How to shorten sliding screen door width and height.
The durability and user friendliness of sliding screen door depends on how smoothly it slides on the track. We all know that most of the time it’s debris, crumbs, pet hair, bugs, dust, and dirt makes the patio screen door sticky. But sometimes a wrong door height hinder the perfect slide. You may also cut or trim your screen door when you shift to a new house. Its very necessary to know how to cut down a sliding screen door when you see the screen door scratching the patio door frame both above and below.
Blind and Screen has been serving it’s corporate customers like hotels, apartment building, hospital, schools with all sorts of window coverings. But we admire and care our retail customers too who purchases the screen door from us online. It’s a very common trouble our customers usually face is wrong measurement. We understand it’s not possible all time to get an accurate measurement by someone who are not handy. Our todays effort is to educate our customer on how to cut down or adjust a sliding screen door if their door doesn’t fit.
Learn how to shorten and adjust a sliding screen door height.
Today one of the industry pro Steve Tristan shows how to cut down a sliding screen door height. Please note that we can use only 3 types of saw to cut down rolled formed steel frame not extruded aluminum frame . Standard miter saw is too fast to cut down this type of material, subsequently it may damage both the frame and saw. A list of saw have been given below to the article to use.
8 straight forward steps to adjust the height of a sliding screen door.
- The first step is to measure the screen door which is gonna cut down.
- Pull the spline with a needle nose and remove it carefully.
- Take the spline up from the top and then from the side piece. Do the entire thing very carefully so the mesh doesn’t tear up. Pop off the top of the frame with a dead blow hammer, repeat it accordingly to the other side.
- Measure the frame from outside and mark for a whole with an ice pick. Cut it with the evolution saw which will give a sharp and cleaner cut.
- Now drill the hole for the screw to adjust your wheels. Drill another side aligned with the current hole and do the same to the opposite side.
- Take the burrs off if there is any.
- Reach screw with the screwdriver. Once the the frame is on then you just roll out your screen first. You have two types of rollers: rounded and concave.
- Finally just push the bug seal back into the frame.
List of Saw’s used in this project.
- Hack Saw: https://amzn.to/335u58a
- and miter box: https://amzn.to/2RcJYqS
- Harbor Freight Tools 7 inch cut off saw for only $49.99
- Evolution Miter is an amazing saw that cut through almost any material. Wood, wood with nails, steel, aluminum, plastic, and composite. Order your Evolution Power Tools R255SMSDB+ 15 Amp 10 in. Premium Dual Bevel Sliding Miter Saw w/Laser and Multi-Material Cutting Blade. Purchase today on Amazon. https://amzn.to/3aVyNK4
Buy patio sliding screen door online at Blind and Screen